Sunday, March 8, 2009

castles in the clouds

What can't you live without? For me, it is I Capture the Castle, Cassie, and giant volumes of Austen, Dickinson and Plath. It is curling up under the covers with The Secret Garden, Beauty and the Beast, or Tess of the D'urbervilles. It is tea tea tea in fancy goblets of all shapes and sizes. And, my latest caffeine addiction, hazelnut coffee.

It is Lula magazine, giant ribbons you tie in your hair, Simon when he is with Garfunkel. It is living vicariously through Angela Chase, Anne Frank, and that little Romanov princess. 

But, best of all, it is knowing that this list will not be ending anytime soon. That I could go on and on...I can't live without mermaid hair or lockets or wandering aimlessly though libraries on rainy November afternoons, and a thousand other luxuries.

I feel sorry for those who can't reside in their own sacred world of characters and made-up places. Who can't empathize with the creatures of their own imagination. I think I'll never grow out of pretending. 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

For me, they are: faithful friends, fresh clean air, healthy & delicious provender, hope, and a healthy sense of adventure.

tiffany;; said...

i love your lovely lovely list! ♥

tiffany;; said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

I love this post, I relate so much :). Beautiful.

tiffany;; said...

I'm so glad you can relate. It's so nice to make the acquaintance of the fellow believers & dreamers of the world.

xoxo,

belle;;